Saturday, December 22, 2012

CRAVING LETTUCE

Had to go back with my mom to Watkins Glen, NY this week
for my Uncle's Funeral.

The ride up was fine, because I was well prepared 
with my lettuce, nuts, vegetables, meat and no empty carbs!
We stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.
Woke up in the morning and went to the complimentary express breakfast.



Not too bad.  Did have the powdered egg omelette and bacon
and did taste about a quarter of the irresistible cinnamon bun.
Also had two yogurts.  (So a little off my plan.)


Then after the funeral, I ate at the funeral buffet table,
which ended up being leftover carbs from thanksgiving.



Even the turkey was soaked in gravy or mushed in stuffing.
I did the best I could, but was carb loaded for that meal.

When we got in the car to head home, 
I had the overwhelming urge to eat Romaine Lettuce!



I shoved six leafs of lettuce in my mouth 
as ravenously as I used to stuff cookies!
My body was crying out,
"I need lettuce!  I gotta have some lettuce!"

I was so happy!
Never in my life have I craved lettuce!



Something good is happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment